This week sees the first Irish Beer Snob podcast episode with a live guest recording alongside our Intrepid Duo. We have Instagram legend, Pierce Cooney of @Son0vaGun (https://www.instagram.com/son0vagun/ ) to share his tips for excellent Instagram Beer Photography.
We also visited McHugh’s Off Licence in Kilbarrack, Dublin for the beer for today’s episode – we had Mescan Brewery Red Tripel, and a Growler of Lagunitas Mozango IPA with Mango.
|Pierce and his padawan apprentice|
Here are some practical tips for you to improve your Instagram photography from the master himself.
- Plan your photo, sounds like common sense but really helps
- Try use natural light if you can, however some people use Light boxes
- Choose a nice background, use places of interest, landmarks etc, make it not just about the beer.
- Take your photo from a low angle, turn your phone / camera upside down if necessary
- Take plenty of shots, from a variety of angles, then choose your favourite
- Use Hash Tags! (Save them somewhere and copy and paste them!
|Helping to get that “Shot”|
Pierce’s 3 Favourite Beer Photo Instagram Accounts
- @BeerFarts – Beer & Lego what’s not to love
- @FantasticFilm – Pierce’s #PrizelessPrize Nemesis
- @Commodore_NB_Pants – a US based instagrammer
We had great fun recording this episode, where we also have a look forward to the upcoming Alltech Brews & Food Fair in Dublin’s Convention Centre, Feb 5th to 7th. Loads more info on the website here tickets still available and if you’re there on Friday don’t forget to register for the Guinness World Record attempt for worlds largest beer tasting.
The good folk at Alltech have kindly given us a pair of tickets to give away to one lucky listener to bring themselves and a friend to the festival on a day of their choosing. Please note the competition will close on Friday 29th January at 5pm. Winner will be chosen at random, and must be able to collect the prize.
To win all you have to do is answer this simple question;
What was Pierce’s favourite beer in 2015?
Hint: Listen to the podcast to find out
Once you have your answer, please comment below this post on the blog – entries are only accepted if posted to this page.
You can now find our podcast by searching for “Irish Beer Snob” in iTunes, by direct download link here or by adding our RSS to your favourite podcast listening app which is http://irishbeersnob.libsyn.com/RSS