This week sees the first Irish Beer Snob podcast episode with a live guest recording alongside our Intrepid Duo. We have Instagram legend, Pierce Cooney of @Son0vaGun (https://www.instagram.com/son0vagun/ ) to share his tips for excellent Instagram Beer Photography.
We also visited McHugh’s Off Licence in Kilbarrack, Dublin for the beer for today’s episode – we had Mescan Brewery Red Tripel, and a Growler of Lagunitas Mozango IPA with Mango.
|Pierce and his padawan apprentice|
Here are some practical tips for you to improve your Instagram photography from the master himself.
- Plan your photo, sounds like common sense but really helps
- Try use natural light if you can, however some people use Light boxes
- Choose a nice background, use places of interest, landmarks etc, make it not just about the beer.
- Take your photo from a low angle, turn your phone / camera upside down if necessary
- Take plenty of shots, from a variety of angles, then choose your favourite
- Use Hash Tags! (Save them somewhere and copy and paste them!
|Helping to get that “Shot”|
- @BeerFarts – Beer & Lego what’s not to love
- @FantasticFilm – Pierce’s #PrizelessPrize Nemesis
- @Commodore_NB_Pants – a US based instagrammer